Wraps are brilliant. It’s one of our go-to food when we want something fast, easy and delicious. And as an added bonus it’s the kind of meal that can help clear out your fridge from left-overs or and ingredients that need to get used ASAP. What’s not to like!
The three main things you need (besides the wraps) are:
- The saucy thing can be guacamole (if you want to be luxurious),
- sour cream,
- salsa, mayo (or chili mayo, or wasabi mayo, or miso-mayo, or whatever!).
- Otherwise our main go-to saucy material is Alpro Yoghurt. It can be used in so many ways that you can look forward to a separate blog post about it! You can mix pretty much anything into it and it will be delicious.
- Filler is that warm juicy element and it can be whatever you feel like.
- Can be falafel or some sort of ready made meat substitute.
- Can be fried mushrooms like we used in these photos (+ tomato salsa).
- Can be baked (or fried) veggies that you like (or need to eat!).
- This time we also had baked sellery root, which is brilliant (and works as healthy fries!).
3) Fresh stuff
- A salad is the crunchy fresh ingredient that I wouldn’t want to skip, although I guess you can. Something with a bit more bite than iceberg is nice, like
- cabbage or
- Plus the classics, cucumber, peppers or whatever.
The point with this is that it can be whatever you like! Be creative, and don’t be afraid to try something new. It’s a good idea to always have a pack of wraps in the cupboard. You can probably throw something together from the fridge and wrap it and eat it!